The document scanner is a Mobile Passport plus feature. It helps save time and reduce error when creating passport profiles on the app. Instead of manually entering passport information, the scanner quickly and accurately captures the code located at the bottom of the physical passport and automatically fills in the data fields. Use the document scanner feature in a stable, well-lit environment before travel.
How it works:
- Check mobile device settings to allow the Mobile Passport app access to your camera
- Open the Mobile Passport app, then select “Add Passport” and “Scan passport”.
- Align the MRZ (Machine-readable Zone) code at the bottom in the drawn field.
- When the code is correctly positioned, the field color will turn green.
- Confirm your personal information on the app appears exactly as it does on the physical passport.