If using the free version of Mobile Passport, complete steps 1-2 before travel to further expedite re-entry to the United States.
If using Mobile Passport plus, complete steps 1-3 before travel to further expedite re-entry to the United States.
- Download the Mobile Passport app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to an iOS or Android device, respectively.
- Make sure you are arriving in the U.S. at one of the airports or cruise ports currently participating with Mobile Passport (see a list here).
- Set up passport profiles on the app. According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (U.S. CBP), group submissions may be made using the Mobile Passport app on one mobile device for all family members of the same household traveling together (provided that each family member is either a U.S. citizen with a valid U.S. passport or a Canadian citizen with a valid Canadian passport and B1 or B2 visa status).
- Passport Information: For Mobile Passport plus members, use the document scanner to capture passport information. Alternatively, all members may manually enter passport information directly on the app. Make sure the name appears exactly as it does on the passport. For instance, under Surname, enter: last name. Under Given Names, enter: first name, SPACE middle name, SPACE, and so on.
- All hyphens and apostrophes should be replaced with a SPACE. Prefixes and suffixes including titles and hereditary status should not be included, except where the issuing state considers these to be legally part of the name. In this case, prefixes or suffixes should be represented as components of the Given Name field.
- Photo: Scroll to the bottom of the profile to open the camera on your device and follow the prompts for the passport holder.
Upon landing/docking in the United States and instead of filling out a traditional paper form:
- Power up your device and turn on Wi-Fi or data. Make sure the Date & Time device settings are set for your current, local time zone.
- Complete the New Trip section on the app by selecting the icon for the airplane or cruise ship or (for Mobile Passport plus members) select a previous trip as a template. Confirm passenger and travel information for those in your traveling party and submit your declaration form to U.S. CBP.
- Within moments, U.S. CBP will review your submission and send you a digital Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code receipt. The code will expire after four (4) hours.
- Approach the federal inspection area and access the designated Mobile Passport Control lanes. The U.S. CBP officer will instruct you on how to scan the QR code on your device. Be prepared to also show your physical passport.
- Rate and review us in the App or Google Play Store, Like or Follow us on social media, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your input helps us incorporate new features and functionalities to improve the whole process.